Termites eat wood and can cause great structural damage to your home. A typical homeowner’s insurance policy does not cover destruction caused by termites, even though they cause over 1 billion dollars in damage to homes throughout the United States each year. Our inspection and treatment program can help you understand the threat of termites and take the necessary steps to protect your home.
You can’t assume your home is termite-free just because you’ve never seen them - they only swarm once or twice a year, and you might miss it! We thoroughly inspect your home or business, looking for the signs of a termite infestation. Some of the things we look for are:
- Mud tubes built for traveling above ground
- Damaged or hollow-sounding wood
- Pinholes in drywall or wallpaper
- Small piles of sawdust
- Piles of small wings
- Other specific termite indicators
To control termites, we create an effective treatment plan that’s right for your home or building. This can include:
- Exterior Protection - we create a continuous chemical barrier around the exterior of your home or building to keep termites from entering.
- Direct Contact - when possible, we apply chemicals directly to the termite colony.
- Insect Growth - we apply chemicals that duplicate the insect’s natural hormones to disrupt their growth and development.