- By TravisAdmin
- In General, Pest Control
- Tags Pest Control, Pest Control Guide, Restaurant Pest Control
The food service industry faces a lot of pest control problems. For every restaurant, Pest Control and Cleanliness form the basis of their standards that shouldn’t be treated lightly. Whether you are dealing with insects or rodents, a single pest that gets noticed by your customers or employees within your restaurant can be a no-turning-back alike deal breaker for any clientele. If you own a successful restaurant, you know having pests on your property can be devastating to the business, and can pull out your reputation and your brand. Moreover, it will damage your products and any other intellectual property at your premises.
Here are three most common pests that plague the food industry include:
Also you need to know your hotspots.
Cleanliness is essential in all facet of the food service industry. However, dumpsters are particularly worry thing because they are sure to attract the pests and become a public fright if not maintained properly. Some tips can be really helpful in your routine hygiene maintenance
- Invest in dumpsters that are appropriately sized for your needs to prevent the overflow of garbage everywhere
- Regular cleaning for the dumpster area is required in a manner that the water flows directly into a drain.
- Dumpsters should be located slightly away from your main building or restaurants and equipped with lids that shut tightly.
Entrances and Exits
Doors and windows should be kept closed when possible, but certain areas like receiving areas and primary entrances are going to open frequently and sometimes for the extended period, maintain regular sweeping of such places.
- Invest in an air curtain to deter flying insects.
- Get a door sweep, which seals all the gaps between the door and the floor.
- Seal all the cracks and crevices that pests may use to sneak inside.
Dining and Food preparation areas
Seats and tables should be wiped down and the area under the table should be swept at all the times, especially when a guest leaves.
Keep dry food products in tightly preserved food containers as loosely packed bags and boxes are a call to the pests.
Floor drains can be an unfortunate breeding ground for pests especially flies in particular. Make sure to clean the underneath of the drain pipe for the loose debris and also clean the drain frequently with chemical cleanser.
The Importance of Pest Control
- Having a pest control programme in place can help to get rid of the existing pests while also protecting it from future infestations.
- By significantly decreasing the pests through pest control will reduce your restaurant’s pest risk and could help improve your health inspection.
- Restaurants rely on their reputations. A few bad reviews have the power to sink a business. While some pest is harmless but they can still hurt a restaurant. Make sure your business stays free from pest to maintain a reputation.
- There are also many pests that damage properties like carpet beetles, rodent, termites etc. Don’t let unwanted guests depreciate it, so protect your properties with adequate pest control.
The most important aspect of restaurant pest control is prevention. The application of pest control in the food industry can be tailored to prevent or eradicate specific pests while advising the staff on how to maintain cleanliness within the restaurant and kitchen as well as the importance of pest control in the food industry. For added protection, regular preventive chemical treatments may also be right for your business. Hence, it is highly recommended to keep routine check and cleaning of the premises where you operate on a regular. Remember, hygiene is one the most important pillars of your successful business.